Sunday, August 24, 2008

On the Blog again!









This has been such an amazing summer. I feel like a little kid because I am so bummed that it's over. I didn't anticipate going blog MIA but when the vacations got started I was just soaking it all in and decided to post pone recording. The two summers before this we weren't able to skip town very often as we were working so much trying to get our feet under us at work. We could barely take off and had to rush right back. Even though we were so busy we defiantly have had all wonderful summers since we have been married. Every summer stands out to me for it's own distinct simple memories.

6 Trying everything we wanted to do with a new baby, and it working perfectly! Spending so much time with distant family.
5 Barbecuing and eating outside always.
4 Taking long walks nightly, going to farmers markets and eating Pesto, home grown tomatoes, fresh Mozzarella and crusty bread -constantly.
3 Renovating our apartment in the city, always driving to Home Depot in either Brooklyn, the Bronx, Queens, NJ (it all depended on traffic)and finally when we were practically finished, Manhattan.
2 Road trips through Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts & Rhode Island - we got our first car this summer!
1 Walking up and down the Hudson River through Riverside Park, going to every free public event NY had to offer.

I will be posting about this summer into fall but there is so much I don't want to forget!

14 comments:

Lyndsie and Daniel said...

Matt and Ashley! It's the Andersons. We came across your blog, and it is so cute. It's a great way to see what friends are up to. Sam is SOOO handsome! What a cute family. I've been begging Lindsey to start a blog forever, and she refuses. See if you guys can talk her into it. We'll have to add you to our link list!

Lisa R.D. said...

These pictures were all so fun--and it's great to see what your earlier summers were full of too. I look forward to seeing more photos! Glad to have you posting again :).

The Airharts said...

Your little guys is so cute! Sounds like you have had a great summer-we have been in Utah for 21 days now-I'm ready to get back home, but at the same time summer is over too!

Brooke and Kris G said...

HI! This whole underground blogging world is fun huh? Kris thinks it is like outerspace stuff but I LOVE it! It is always fun to find more people you know on it. Your baby has grown so much! He is a cutie! We are doing great, how are you guys? I read Kris your comment. He says he knows he is lame.

Danielle O. said...

HOORAY! You are back! Love that cute little face and we need the boys cousins to see eachother. Dying for some cruise pics!

Amy M. said...

What fun summer memories!
I just barely got "on the blog again" too.
I heard about your mom's splits on the cruise. Funny, but seriously impressive. I too want to see cruise pictures. We wish we could have gone. Thank you cruiseline for changing the baby rules. Hmph! Oh well, our summer has been out of control anyway.
My mom spied your blog and said, "Ashley's little boy looks exactly like she did as a kid. He's so cute."

Steph said...

I love the pictures. I too loved everything summer had to offer this year. The weather was perfect. Everyday was an adventure. I'm so sad it has come to an end.

jen said...

Are you kiddin' me.. I wonder how you guys are doing sometimes & what that baby looks like & wouldn't ya know, the wonderful world of blogging has allowed me to see! It's Jen Chapman!! How are the both of you? It looks like you are good & having a fabulous life! Samuel is so so darling!! Well I hope we can keep in touch...it's so good to see you guys & know you are well! Come visit us @ our blog!!

The Parkers said...

That kid is so yummy. I just want to steal him.
Pesto and anything sounds divine!

Laura said...

how yummy does that farmers market sound! you're making me hungry! it's fun to see new photos - summer is so much fun! glad you guys had a good time!

Shelby and Mike Fenton said...

Hey man your family is so cute. I cant wait till cooper comes and then he can get beat up by Sam.

Miguel

Anonymous said...

I hear you on soaking in the summer and feeling bummed when it's over. It stinks! Can't wait to hear about your summer fun!

And it was fun seeing you last night. WE need to do that more often. Enjoy having your sister home!

jen said...

Matt & Ashley... so we are coming to town the week of Sept. 18th!! I have family who lives out there and have not yet seen Taedon! I would love to see you all and meet that darling little boy if we could?! Send me your # and we'll call ya once we come in & maybe figure something out...yay!! brownsuga6702@comcast.net

callie said...

i hear you on the MIA from blogging...its hard to keep up when there is so much playing to be done! sounds like you've had a wonderful AND fruitful summer (i'm attempting to start a fall garden since we completely missed out this spring/summer...any tips from the expert??)

i'm so thrilled to have marta down here but i know she's missing you...you should come down for a visit so we can see you and your cute babe! you are always invited...